VXDIAG VCX NANO GM works good with TIS2000 & Tech2Win
So far, i have good success with Allscanner VXDIAG VCX NANO GM + TECH2WIN. And now, i can make it work well with SPS, TIS2000 also.
VXDIAG VCX NANO GM + TECH2WIN:
Using the Windows XP vm with installed GDS2 that comes with it I was able to diagnose a 2015 silverado truck.
Using windows 7 and a 3 day subscription to acdelco TDS SPS I was able to flash the HMI module of a 2015 silverado to add a factory reverse camera to the truck. And I can use it with TECH2WIN to diagnose GM trucks (tested on silverado 2500 trucks of varying years 2001 - 2007).
VXDIAG VCX NANO GM + TIS2000:
IT works!! ok for anyone trying to use the VXDIAG GM nano with SPS this is what you need to do (order is important):
*** please note you cannot use the VM that the VXDIAG package comes with (GDS2 VM). It's configured in such a way it won't work with the dongle crack and caused me a lot of head scratching to find this out.
- Create a windows XP 32bit VM using VMWare Player
- Make sure you add an LPT port (set to auto, not connected on startup). It doesn't matter if your actual PC has an LPT port or not this is needed for the dongle crack later.
- Install VMWare tools for your VM
- After you have the windows VM up and running install the BOSH MDI drivers found here: http://www.boschdiagnostics.com/pro/soft...-and-mdi-2(the MDI drivers on the driver disk and vxmanager installer wouldn't install on my xp 32bit VM but the one from bosh does).
- From the driver disk or from allscanner.com install the VXDIAG MDI package with pass thru driver (VXDIAG MDI manager or VXDIAG Manager)
Download tis_data_1.iso, tis_data_2.iso, GM-NAO-TIS200-3_2008.iso, TIS2000DongleCrack.rar from this: http://auto-professionals.co/?dl=5847273d53a0b0635724a7b3e1626ef7(password: mhhauto) or buy a tested TIS2000 crack such as http://www.chinacardiags.com/wholesale/tis2000-cd-and-usb-key-for-gm-tech2-gm-and-opel-car-model-706.html and the like
- (files / instructions in the updated.txt you may need to click the link more than once if you get an error when downloading)
- Mount the tis_data_1.iso in your VM (use the virtual cdrom in vmware player and attach to iso file) this will start the auto install of the TIS2000 2007.3 software)
- All options can be installed using the default selections however make sure you check the install checkbox above the parallel security device on the one screen.
- After installation is complete you can extract the TIS2000DongleCrack.rar and copy the folder to the desktop of your VM
- Go into the TIS2000DongleCrack folder locate the drivers folder and open it, run the DDINST32.EXE (if you get a registry error you didn't install an LPT port in your VM), select Express and it should install the files then click ok / Exit to close.
- Go back to the main TIS2000DongleCrack folder and copy SCAControlUI.exe and Id.dll to c:\Program Files\cosids\bin\ (it will prompt to replace id.dll select yes).
- Go back to the main TIS2000DongleCrack folder into the Dongle folder and copy the 2 files in there to c:\windows\system32\ (the dongle crack is now installed)
- Now mount the tis_data_2.iso in your VM (use the virtual cdrom in vmware player and attach to iso file) and open TIS2000 (double click the icon on your desktop) when TIS opens it will ask you if you want to upgrade click yes.
- After the upgrade completes mount the GM-NAO-TIS200-3_2008.iso in your VM (use the virtual cdrom in vmware player and attach to iso file) and open TIS2000 (double click the icon on your desktop) when TIS opens it will ask you if you want to upgrade click yes.
- After the upgrade completes you have successfully installed TIS2000 2008.3 and the Dongle crack, now we need to configure TIS to use the VXDIAG GM nano
- Open TIS2000 from the icon on your desktop, select Configuration menu from the top and select IO Management.
- Click the Driver button, click the Browse button, locate the j2534.dll file in the window and click open (installs the J2534 Pass Thru Driver)
- Now click the Add button (in IO management) enter exacly "Generic Pass Thru" in Logical Name and select "J2534 Pass Thru Driver" in the Driver drop down, click OK.
- Select Generic Pass Thru in the list and click Properties, in the Device Name drop down select VXDIAG, (ALLScanner) and click ok then click close to close IO Management.
Now TIS2000 software is installed and configured all you have to do is connect your VXDIAG device to the PC / VM. To do this first use a usb and connect it to the PC then in the VMWare player menu go in removable devices and connect the Future Devices USB to serial converter. At this step my windows install didn't have the basic usb to serial drivers so I connected the VM to the network (if not connected use the VMWare player menu to connect the network) and windows downloaded them from the net and installed the device as com3. you are now good to go.
At this point you can now click on SPS in TIS2000 select Generic Pass Thru as your device and your good to program!!
Satisfied, VXDIAG VCX NANO GM device works as a clone to the GM MDI.
Credits to wizzardsl writing for the how-to’s for us.
Original:VXDIAG VCX NANO GM works good with TIS2000 & Tech2Win